Retaining Employees in an Uncertain Job Market
Tuesday, Sept 19
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM (CST)
Over the last few years, the job market has been unlike any we have seen in recent history. There don’t seem to be enough people to fill all of the positions, and employees have had more leverage to make additional requests of organizations and/or change jobs more easily. Some might say that employee loyalty is gone. But is that really true?
How can you, as a leader or manager, retain employees in a job market with this much uncertainty? Spoiler alert: Money matters, but it’s not the only thing.
This workshop will cover:
- What employees are looking for in careers and organizations today
- What management and leadership can do to engage employees
- Retention strategies to keep your top performers
*We will touch briefly on the importance of compensation and benefits packages, but we will not go into any technical detail about designing those packages.
Giving Difficult Feedback
Thursday, Oct 19
2:00 PM – 3:00 PM (CST)
One of the hardest things you must do as a manager or leader is give people difficult feedback, but it is a critical skill for any leader or manager who wants to actually be effective in their job. However, these conversations can be challenging and uncomfortable, often causing anxiety for both the giver and the receiver.
This workshop will give you the necessary tools and techniques to deliver constructive feedback in a way that fosters growth, maintains morale, and promotes a positive work environment.
We will cover:
– The most common barriers to giving difficult feedback
– Strategies for giving effective feedback
– A model for giving feedback to reduce the pressure and lesson emotions