How much time do we spend trying to “hack” our lives? Focusing on the little (and big) ways we can get better, faster, more efficient, more effective.
I’d venture to guess a lot.
When I Googled “productivity hacks” over 25 million results came up. There were titles like:
- 25 Ways to Be More Productive: Genius Productivity Hacks
- 15 Productivity Hacks For Procrastinators
- 6 Brilliant Productivity Hacks From 6 Brilliant Entrepreneurs
- 5 tiny productivity hacks that will change your life
- 11 Productivity Hacks To Try Tomorrow, That Actually Work
We use words and phrases like hustle and get shit done and goal digger like they are life mantras. But is that really what we are here for? What about meaning and fulfillment and purpose?
Have we gotten really good at maximizing the efficiency of a life we don’t really want?
When was the last time you reflected on your purpose? The unique reason you were put on this planet?
In The Art of Creative Thinking, Rod Jenkins writes: “Most people sleepwalk through life, never asking themselves what they are doing, why, or it if really matters to them.”
Whoa. That’s big.
I challenge you to stop and make time to think about what you are doing and why. Once you figure that out, then you can work on the best way to make the most of it.